[MUD-Dev] AI not worth doing in our games?

Kwon Ekstrom justice at softhome.net
Tue Dec 17 20:20:12 CET 2002

From: <Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com>

> You can't just remove all adversity from a game and expect it to
> be fun either. If you take out the fact that Dark Elves can't shop
> in certain areas, you've just removed a complete planning problem
> for that player. Its fun running out of food as a troll in a good
> area, you have to interact with other players to buy food from
> them. Its

Truthfully, I don't see why a troll would buy food when he's sitting
in the middle of a town full of tasty morsels who call themselves
citizens.  Text muds have long since allowed some "food" items to
semi-randomly drop from corpses.  It shouldn't be that hard to allow
players to generate some food off of a corpse, food that rots fairly
quickly.

-- Kwon J. Ekstrom