[MUD-Dev] Is database access a bottleneck?

Jo Dillon jo at groupinfo.com
Tue Dec 17 10:08:10 CET 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 04:28:53PM -0800, bradley newton haug wrote:

> What I wrote about hashtables and using precalc tables was not a
> guess, a midnight rambling, supposition, or thinking out loud.  It
> is based on my personal, recent experiences on the subject.

I'm sure it is, and I noted that if the calculation takes more
memory references than looking it up in the hashtable then the
hashtable is still worth it. I was replying to the comment about
lookup tables for multiplication (or similar operations such as
sin/cos tables where there are not many input values).

--

	Jo