[MUD-Dev] Total Annilation of Downtime

Eric Hu satan at TRPG.org
Mon Dec 16 11:07:28 CET 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:29:19 -0000
Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com wrote:
> From: Matt Mihaly [mailto:the_logos at achaea.com]

>> It may be ridiculous, but it's how players act. All you have to
>> do is not alert the examinee that he or she is being examined and
>> there is no problem.

> That's what I was trying to say, but I realise I may not have got
> to the point ;)

I thought it is a interesting topic.

People don't mind they are "looked" in text MUD. Some people don't
mind they are "inpected" in graphical MUD, but some pepole do. In
EQ, when the most players think "inpection others before granted" is
bold, not polite, Verant add a new function that players could
filter out the message they were inspecting...

Frankly, it remind me a scene : Camel bird buries its head in the
sand, and yell "Lion is not here! Lion is not here!!"

:D