[MUD-Dev] AI not worth doing in our games?

rayzam rayzam at travellingbard.com
Sun Dec 15 15:44:12 CET 2002

From: "Marian Griffith" <gryphon at iaehv.nl>
> In <URL:/archives/meow?group+local.muddev> on Sat 14 Dec, rayzam wrote:

> Well, what can I say about this? *IF* the player has had a fair
> warning ahead of time then they should grow up. Of course it is
> easy for me to say so, not running a game, let alone a commer-
> cial game full of sue-happy spoiled brats (regardless of actual
> age :)

> I still think that game developers should listen more to their own
> vision and, yes, artistic integrity and less to the book- keepers.

Just to be clear, I'm with the designer standpoint. I was just
pointing out the player-side.

It would be possible to design a game where races were identical in
abilities, but were just different skins/meshes. Thus, no
disadvantages to complain about, and no advantages either. That's
just not a game I'd be terribly interested in designing.

   rayzam
   www.travellingbard.com