Madrona Tree madronatree at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 15 14:08:52 CET 2002

From: rayzam <rayzam at travellingbard.com>

> Interesting. From the replies, the 'dabblers' seem to feel they
> won't be able to with 1 character per server, over 10 servers. Why
> is that? My first reaction is that they want to be power-levelled
> by their friends. Is that a Right nowadays?

Not really because of the power-leveling... it's more because people
like to experiment with different character types, but they also
want to play with their friends, and they believe that SCS will not
allow them to do both at the same time.

A lot of people come from Everquest, DAOC, and other games that use
Class Systems, where what you choose on Day 1 is what you still are
on day 2,537.  So being able to experiment with your one character
(though, granted, your race/gender isn't changeable) is a new thing
for a lot of people.

There is another thread about it here... that shows that hardcore,
intelligent gamers (one has a PhD in nuclear physics) don't get it,
either.  (me = Rori)
http://arbiters.econfcall.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=6637

It will be interesting to me, to see if SCS produces a very few
tradeskillers.

Global/Cross-Server chat will be very important in allowing friends
to keep tabs on one another.

Madrona Tree.