[MUD-Dev] Total Annilation of Downtime

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Thu Dec 12 22:11:31 CET 2002

On 12/12/02 7:53 PM, Matt Mihaly <the_logos at achaea.com> wrote:

> Well, if the real world is the example, I should be able to know
> what you're wearing on your exterior layer, because I can see you.

Indeed.  As, in fact, is true for Everquest as well.  That's part of
what bugged me about this habit--my armor, the weapon I was
wielding, etc. were all plainly visible.

Now, it may well be that this was not always the case (I started
playing EQ post-Luclin, so I've only ever played it with the latest
graphics & player models), but I still found it quite off-putting.
The message could certainly be less annoying: "player X glances in
your direction" would probably not have bothered me (especially
since that's the form of statement you get when you con a creature
or player in EQ).

"player X is examining your equipment" came across as something akin
to "player X is estimating your bust size"...

Amanda Walker