[MUD-Dev] Description Content was: Total Annilation of Downtime

Wes Connell wconnell at kanga.nu
Tue Dec 10 19:19:18 CET 2002

J C Lawrence wrote:

>> I accidently discovered this phenomenon once when I logged in the
>> Skotos game 'Castle Marrach'. Apparently over a period of a few
>> months the Marrach community developed the behavior that
>> examining someone was considered extremely rude. Obviously
>> unknown to me at the time, I just walked through the castle
>> examining everybody and received a rather harsh reception.

> My general reaction to being "inspected" in MUDs tends toward what
> I suspect many women's reaction is when men maneuver so as to be
> able to see down their blouse.

I can understand the reaction. Back when I used to play various Pk
muds, when someone emaxmined you it usually meant that they wanted
to kill you for your gear. However...

Sometimes it is difficult to know anything important about a
character from the simple look descriptions given. Most of the time
you are given 'Bubba is standing here.'

What am I supposed to gather from that description? Bubba has legs?
In RL I can gather much more about an object/being/person from a
slight glance.

--
Wes!
wconnell at kanga.nu