[MUD-Dev] AI not worth doing in our games?

shren shren at io.com
Tue Dec 10 10:59:37 CET 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Kwon Ekstrom wrote:

<EdNote: quote trimmed>

> The only potentially tricky part is the movement of individual
> birds, and you have a more or less non-cpu eating AI which should
> behave somewhat believably.

I think part of the important bit in AI is having different
instances of the same creature behave slightly differently.  You can
probably do this by giving different behaviors slightly different
activation threshholds - have a different pidgeon preform the
different activities at different rates, with different ranges.