[MUD-Dev] Online Games Fighting Terrorism

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Tue Dec 10 10:33:47 CET 2002

Dave Rickey wrote
> From: <amanda at alfar.com>

>> I tell you, though, I'd hate to be trying to breathe more life
>> into an existing game right now.  Must be a very tough spot at
>> the moment.

> AC2 has maybe 30-35K subs right now, we had more registrations of
> Shrouded Isles than that by the end of the second day it was on
> the shelves.  I'll take my problems, thanks.

I didn't follow her point on this either. I don't think its that
hard to sell expansion kits, you already have receptive consumers
waiting. You should see the lengths people in Europe go to in order
to pick them up within reasonable time (it gets old waiting 1-2
months for an expansion pack when these games are about
competition).

Then again one might think that AC2 would already have a market from
AC1 (ripe for cannibalisation).

/remembers he owes DHL import duty for some air freighted expansion
packs (120 USD to get 2xEQs expansion pack that Ubisoft completely
dropped the ball on (they are worth um... 40USD)). Companies really
seem not to grok how irritating non-global releases are.

Dan