[MUD-Dev] Total Annilation of Downtime

Matthew Dobervich matthew.dobervich2 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 9 17:45:32 CET 2002

From: Raph Koster
> From: amanda at alfar.com

>> The game [AC2] has some rocky bits, but over all I think it's
>> definitely a success on the "fun" scale.  So is E&B, but that's
>> another essay and I've just been told dinner is ready.  More in a
>> bit.

> And yet neither seems to be finding an audience (which I find very
> distressing). Why is that, if they are so fun? If anything, the
> MMORPG with the most buzz among players right now is Neocron, a
> come-from-nowhere German game with a very rocky launch.

I don't know if it's just hard for you to say this due to your
personal involvement or if it's just hard for you to see this
because of your personal involvement, but the MMORPG with the most
buzz among players right now is SWG.  By a large order of magnitude
over it's next closest competitor (and I also feel that's Neocron,
at least on the buzz scale)

Matthew "I choose the real world" Dobervich