[MUD-Dev] Online Games Fighting Terrorism

Andrew L. Tepper teppy at ironsoft.com
Mon Dec 9 01:16:16 CET 2002

I attended this forum. While there were a number of ideas that
didn't seem to apply to the DoD, we did come up with:

  - Using MMO games to study emergent behaviors. In a crisis you
  sometimes have "emergent command and control."

  - Using MMO games to encourage otherwise hostile people to play
  cooperative games, with the theory that that might spill into RL.

Very interesting format - I was impressed that DoD is open to ideas
as nonconventional as this.

Andy Tepper
www.ataleinthedesert.com