[MUD-Dev] Retention without Addiction?

Freeman Freeman
Sat Dec 7 09:31:43 CET 2002

From: Wes Connell

> Bells can still be earned by selling other stuff or running
> errands for people, but the bulk of the money still comes from the
> repetitive fishing motions. IIRC, my friend can pull in 50k bells
> in a few hours from fishing. Obviously, this is a mechanic that
> can be abused (I consider it abuse anyways).

I don't spend much time fishing, so I think your friends would
probably be doing alright in the house department.

> An allowance of sorts would have been a better method of supplying
> bells to a player. Perhaps a salary for a steady job?

Fishing-money is trivial compared to the money you can make from
buying/selling Turnips.

Ah, another feature that encourages you to "play again tomorrow",
that: You buy Turnips on Sunday, and then each day of the week you
go ask Tom Nook how much he's paying for Turnips.  Each day he pays
more or less than you paid for them.  If you don't sell by the end
of the week, then they go bad.