[MUD-Dev] TECH: Trusting Network Clients

Brack Brack
Fri Aug 30 17:34:52 CEST 2002

A really cool guy named Jeff Freeman wrote:

> IMO, it's not even close to being a majority of the players.  It
> doesn't need to be, though.  Just a handful will do.

I'll go further and say that this small minority will actually
encourage other people to cheat in order to just stay competitive.
Shortly after Starcraft launched a map cheat came out.  For the
uninitiated, Starcraft is a real time strategy game and the map
cheat allowed you to see every single unit position.  In almost no
time it was required just to have fun, so the majority of players
picked it up.  Those without were instantly turned into Zerg food.

JAB