[MUD-Dev] TECH: Trusting Network Clients

Fox McCloud Fox_McCloud at gmx.net
Thu Aug 29 10:17:52 CEST 2002

Tof wrote:

>   At no time, the client sends "the player is now at position
>   5,5".  Instead it sends "the player is wanting to go to position
>   5,5". And the server sends new perception to say "player is now
>   at 5,5", and any perception needed to update the view.

That's the way I'm planning to do. However, this will still leave
the calculations in the 'enemies' hands, but I don't really care
about someone knowing 0.2 seconds sooner what damage he'll get ^^*

I think the original question is solved very well, thanks again for
everyone's input. Um, feel free to continue the discussion anyways
^.^V

Fox