[MUD-Dev] Online World Timeline slashdotted

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Mon Aug 26 14:48:58 CEST 2002

From: "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com>

> - a huge amount of the replies are concerned with things like
> DWANGO, Kali, and other peer to peer matchmaking services. To what
> extent does the list readership think that these can be or should
> be seen as relevant to a history of muds?

I think Kali deserves mention, as the first really large-scale
exposure of internet gaming was it making it possible to play
LAN-enabled games over TCP/IP.  DWANGO, TEN, and the other private
network matchmakers didn't make any lasting mark, but without Kali,
things might have gone very differently.

--Dave