[MUD-Dev] Online World Timeline slashdotted

Koster Koster
Sun Aug 25 11:28:33 CEST 2002

The Online World Timeline on my website has been
slashdotted.

  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/08/25/027200&mode=flat&tid=127

There's a bunch of historical observations in the replies which may
be of interest to those of who are interested in the history of the
field.

Two side notes

  - a huge amount of the replies are concerned with things like
DWANGO, Kali, and other peer to peer matchmaking services. To what
extent does the list readership think that these can be or should be
seen as relevant to a history of muds?

  - another huge portion of the replies deals with BBS door games,
  an acknowledged weakness in the timeline. So consider this my
  repeated plea for further info on these beasts. :)

-Raph