[MUD-Dev] Advertising Thread

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Tue Aug 20 00:46:01 CEST 2002

Shannon Appelcline wrote:

> Thus, until there's a revolution that makes 3D-mapped images dirt
> cheap, MUDs, and similar niche markets, are the exact places where
> good, interesting, and exciting game design will happen.

Please list a handful of text MUDs that you personally think are
"good, interesting, exciting" game designs.  Plus a brief comment
why.  Aside from just wanting recommendations so I don't get bored
trolling through MUDland, I'd like to compare the level of game
design innovation to the advertizing presence.  Can I even get the
vaguest hint that they'd be innovative from something like The
Mudconnector?  Or is it all about diamonds in the rough?

20% of the world is real.