[MUD-Dev] They fight! And bite! They fight and bite and fight! Fight fight fight! Bite bite bite!

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Fri Aug 16 01:57:54 CEST 2002

Jack Britt wrote:

> I'm looking for a good combat system for use in my MUD.

I like the one in your Subject line. It's better than a lot of
systems I've seen!

I think you can design your own combat system.  What is your purpose
in making it?  Is it supposed to be funny?  realistic?  dramatic
like superheroes?  dramatic like pre-scripted events, i.e. Zeus and
Hercules duel according to their respective roles?  Do you like
systems with lotsa rules or very few rules?  Do you like systems
that expose numerical detail or hide it?

Tell us about your childhood, I mean combat system.

to talk about this sort of thing.

20% of the world is real.