[MUD-Dev] "The Artisan's Hands" - Storytelling Tools

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Fri Aug 9 16:12:17 CEST 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Ron Gabbard wrote:

> My main problem is that trying out different MUDs is so friggin
> time-consuming if I really want to get a feel for the game.
> Otherwise, I can dip my toe in the water and come out with an
> opinion that is about as qualified as most 'game reviews', i.e.,
> touch on the high-level features and such but not really the
> flavor.

I have yet to see a review for a text MUD done by a reviewer as
opposed to a pre-existing player that wasn't pretty shallow and
bad. When someone might not even be considered to be out of the
newbie stage until 100 hours of play time, I agree it's pretty tough
whether you're a reviewer or just someone checking out the MUD. Not
sure what the solution is. I mainly go into MUDs and check out the
high-level features myself, due to time restrictions.

--matt