[MUD-Dev] "The Artisan's Hands" - Storytelling tools

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Aug 7 16:22:44 CEST 2002

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Michael Tresca wrote:
> Brandon J. Van Every posted on Sunday, August 04, 2002 7:31 AM

>> In the MUD world there are no advertizing campaigns, so finding
>> MUDs that did this and this and that storywise sounds highly
>> problematic.

> What?

> RetroMUD advertises.  Medievia advertises.  Achaea advertises.

> Medievia, if I recall, advertised in a major computer magazine a
> few years ago.  RetroMUD has advertised in the MUD Companion and
> through banner advertising.  Dozens of other MUDs use the same
> approach.

Yeah, but let's face it, none of the places we advertise in are
particularly high-profile. The Mudconnector has less unique users
per month than any of the major graphical MUDs have subscribers. The
MUD Companion's circulation is so small as to be basically
irrelevant (no offence if the people who do MUD Companion are
reading this), and while Medievia may have advertised in a major
computer magazine once a few years ago, that's just once and it was,
well, a few years ago. ;)

--matt