[MUD-Dev] "The Artisan's Hands" - Storytelling tools

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Mon Aug 5 08:01:14 CEST 2002

Brandon J. Van Every posted on Sunday, August 04, 2002 7:31 AM

> In the MUD world there are no advertizing campaigns, so finding
> MUDs that did this and this and that storywise sounds highly
> problematic.

What?

RetroMUD advertises.  Medievia advertises.  Achaea advertises.

Medievia, if I recall, advertised in a major computer magazine a few
years ago.  RetroMUD has advertised in the MUD Companion and through
banner advertising.  Dozens of other MUDs use the same approach.

MUDConnector is, fortunately or unfortunately, the be-all-end-all
place for MUDs to advertise what they are and aren't.  Most players
who are looking for a particular type of MUD tend to look there.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
http://members.toast.net/talien/talien/writing.html