[MUD-Dev] Player Accounts on a Non-Commercial MUD

Tand'a-ur tandaur at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 24 12:17:11 CEST 2002

I also didnt mention a few things.

  1. the mud license prevents me from accepting money, hense the
  non-commercial and why i wouldnt accept money for account points.

  2. you can play the game without an account. You are slightly
  restricted in game in only a few aspects if you do not have an
  account.  The point would be to make it an advantage to have an
  account for many reasons, including keeping track of players /
  multiplaying.

Currently the only multiplaying loopholes are if you have different
ips or one character goes linkdead and you log another character on.

Im not looking for a perfect way to prevent multiple accounts, just
maybe a good enough method like tracking last 5 or so different
ips. (not really the ip but like the domain the ip is from perhaps).

And i could use the data i collect on the ips to check against other
accounts with similar log ons and raise red flags for me to go check
out further.