[MUD-Dev] Thank you from MudWorld

ucmm at inetsolve.com ucmm at inetsolve.com
Wed Apr 10 17:54:11 CEST 2002

Title of the /archives/meow?group+ Meet & Greet III Events
Topic of the /archives/meow?group+ 4 - Event
News Deadline: April 12, 2002

- Meet & Greet III

It is that time of year again and it has already been a year since
Meet & Greet II.  As Meet and Greet III fast approaches,
preregistration begins on Sunday, May 12th, 2002 and lasts until the
day of the event.  Preregistration allows you to reserve your
account beforehand and enables you to just log in to attend the
event.

What happens at a Meet & Greet?  Basicly, people are individually
invited to attract other people to attend.  These invited people are
called RSVPs.  RSVPs consist of client and server developers,
community heads and other people the general public just find to be
cool.  They are listed publicly for the general public to discover
if anyone they find of interest is attending.

Once at a Meet and Greet you are offered chat rooms to visit.  These
rooms each have different topics of discussion.  You can usually
enter a room and find someone to speak with who holds the same
interests as yourself.  These events have lasted as long as 12
hours, but surely no one is expected to attend for that long.

The only rules are to curb the insults, cursing and do not use this
event as a way to find and hire new staff.  Most of the attendees
are MUD administrators and surely will not appreciate being "picked
up".

You can, it is reccommended for MUD and site administrators, to make
new friends and affiliates.  If we are not open to bridging the gaps
in the community, then we will continue to be seperate and
unfamiliar with each other.  So the plan is to connect with others,
affiliate and close the gaps.

- MudWorld Award of Excellence - 2002

We are again taking nominations for the MudWorld Award of
Excellence.  You do not have to be an affiliate and this is a good
way to let a select few of your staff members know that what they
are doing is noticed and appreciated.

Each MUD or site and the nominees submitted get listed on MudWorld
for the life of the site.  The nominees get a nifty trophy image to
apply to thier personal websites and the home MUD can even post the
image letting the world know that they have an award winning staff.

There are no losers, but you should only submit those who you feel
have really made a difference to your MUD or site.

To visit the Meet & Greet III site to submit your nominees for the
MudWorld Award of Excellence - 2002, RSVP, ask questions and/or make
comments, please check out MudWorld at:

  http://mudworld.inetsolve.com/awards/2002/

I do encourage you to invite friends, family and staff as well as
tell everyone you can to attend!  Thank you and I hope to see you
there!

Event:
  Meet & Greet III

When:
  Saturday, May 18th, 2002

Time:
  7pm ET / 4pm PT / 12am GMT

Preregistration:
  Beginning on Sunday, May 12th, 2002 and lasts until the event!

Where:
  Telnet mudworld.org [198.94.136.70] port 4000

Topics of Chat Rooms:

  - General Discussion
  - Coder/Programmer Discussion
  - Website Discussion
  - Builder Discussion
  - Legal Discussion
  - Client/Server Discussion
  - Administrative Discussion
  - Community Resources (WiP)
  - Custom Developement

Administration of MudWorld
  http://mudworld.inetsolve.com/contact.php3.

Visit MudWorld using the link provided below:
  http://mudworld.inetsolve.com/