[MUD-Dev] Re: Black Snow Revisited

Fred Clift fred at clift.org
Tue Apr 2 13:29:25 CEST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> From: <amanda at alfar.com>

>> Remember: DAOC is not open to the public.  It is a dues-paying
>> members-only club.

> Remember also that Mythic does not have any right to ban me from
> SOMEWHERE ELSE.

> Mythic allegedly went to eBay and said "BSI cannot sell that" and
> eBay forbade them to sell it.

Actually, ebay doesn't have to respond to Mythic's request, but
happily does respond to such requests in many cases.  I have friends
that have made unofficial 'talisman' board-game expansions which
were being sold on ebay - ebay pulled the auctions at my friends'
requests.  I'm glad they do.  The expansions in question are
donloadable for personal use for free and specifically state that
they are not to be sold (by anyone other than the author of course
:).

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fred at clift.org -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.