[MUD-Dev] Geometric content generation

Ola Fosheim Grøstad <olag+flames@ifi.uio.no> Ola Fosheim Grøstad <olag+flames@ifi.uio.no>
Mon Sep 24 11:27:01 CEST 2001

Peter Tyson wrote:

> There's -no- good tools in any graphical mud I know of that allows
> someone to be Mayor, for example, and set up events and paste
> notices around town.  All content creation must be done by players
> using the web, email, icq etc.  To me this is a great pity.

Hmm... It was possible in most early graphical MUDs. Regenesis
allowed you to do anything (LP), M59 had bulletin boards in multiple
locations, Habitat had a major if I remember correctly, and I am
sure you can find many other examples.

However, it is important to realize that the WEB IS CONTENT in
current large scale MUDs. (MMPORG)

--
Ola