Higher barrier to entry? was RE: [MUD-Dev] NEWS: Blizzard Ent ertainment announces World of Warcraft

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Wed Sep 19 12:26:31 CEST 2001

I'm interested to know how you are generating the gfx resources?
This always seems the most difficult aspect to me - I know I can
write a 3d engine, hell I could probably implement boned character
models etc, but I know for sure I couldn't make the models
themselves. I've read up on a lot of project post-mortems on
gamasutra with particular interest in small teams, the overall trend
seems to be that whilst you can get by with a couple of coders, you
can't shave the art team too much.

(I am of course only refering to graphical products here!)

Dan