[MUD-Dev] [BIZ] Billing systems

Jussi 'Sulka' Haro sulka at sulake.com
Sun Sep 9 23:59:09 CEST 2001

Zup!

We're not very small but our billing model has helped us create our
billing systems. People buy credits they can then use for various
activities instead of monthly billing. Some things cost credits over
time BUT since the basic "playing" is free, we don't have the
headache of having to create logistics for monthly payments.

Also, in Europe we have the option of using mobile phone SMS for
billing. Most operators (unfortunately not in UK) make it possible
to bill for each SMS on the monthly bill of the sender of the
message. Users give the capability of sending a "5 CREDITS" message
to us from their phone that costs a dollar (roughly). Most young
people have a limit on their bill set up by their parents that also
applies to value-added services (like us) so it's ok for us to
charge on anyone. Easy - no need for credit cards. :)

More info in the help pages of http://www.habbohotel.com/

sulka