[MUD-Dev] Structured Social Play

Koster Koster
Sun Sep 9 15:39:01 CEST 2001

On Legend you can buy a variety of types of mail, including birthday
cards, teddy bears, lingerie, flowers, get well cards, and so on
down the line.  They all work exactly like regular mail. It makes a
big difference to the player experience to get something other than
just "a note."

Players do still have to go visit a mailbox to get their mail, but
since you are told when you log in that you have mail, and you get
mail where you log in, that's not very onerous. Plus I think you can
go OOC (which moves you to a whole OOC area with themed shops--where
you can buy the above notes--and meeting rooms and the like) and use
the mail facilities there. You can go OOC from anywhere...

-Raph