[MUD-Dev] Quality Testing

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Wed Oct 24 10:18:45 CEST 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 09:13:58AM -0500, Jeff Cole wrote:

> I would argue that the AO and WW2O releases didn't put Mythic
> under the pressure to release a stable product, but so lowered the
> consumer's expectations that Mythic was able to release an
> incomplete game.  Success is(was) measured in stability rather
> than content.  Consumers are(were) so happy to have a game that
> they could actually play that they have yet to realize that it is
> far from finished.

Uhh, what?

The only incompletenesses I've seen:

  1. Lack of in-game descriptions of skills and spells and such.
  Woo.  At the rate they're adding material in patches, which is
  impressive as hell, by the way, I'm hardly concerned.

  2. The thief classes don't seem to be finished (and slownewsday,
  for one, is quite upset at the recent attempts to finish them).

That's hardly an 'unfinished game'.

Black and White was an unfinished game.  The last Ultima game was
unfinished.  DAoC needs polish, at most.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno