[MUD-Dev] DAoC dev team (was: MMORPG Comparison (UO, EQ, AC, AO, DAoC))

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Wed Oct 17 10:05:23 CEST 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 04:24:27PM +0200, Ola Fosheim Gr?stad wrote:
> Dave Rickey wrote:
>> From: Eli Stevens <listsub at wickedgrey.com>

>>> What you describe sounds a lot like Extreme Programming (XP).  I

>> I haven't heard the term before, and don't recall seeing those
>> books on any shelves around here, but I can't say with any
>> certainty

> Extreme Programming is a methodology based on the idea that "what
> is worth doing" should be done to the extreme, and what is not all
> that useful should not be done at all. Thus no case tools, no
> documentation (except comments),

Now _that_ part I'm not happy with.  Everything else I mostly by,
although I like design documentation.

Of course, my memory is absolutely pathetic, so that may have
something to do with it.  Also, I've had to take over large pieces
of undocumented code from others.  It's a nightmare.

-Robin

--
I appear to be suffering from severe sleep apnea right now.  It is
effecting my emotional reactions.  I apologize if I'm a jerk.