[MUD-Dev] DAoC dev team (was: MMORPG Comparison (UO, EQ, AC, AO, DAoC))

Tue Oct 16 16:24:27 CEST 2001

Dave Rickey wrote:
> From: Eli Stevens <listsub at wickedgrey.com>

>> What you describe sounds a lot like Extreme Programming (XP).  I

> I haven't heard the term before, and don't recall seeing those
> books on any shelves around here, but I can't say with any
> certainty

Extreme Programming is a methodology based on the idea that "what is
worth doing" should be done to the extreme, and what is not all that
useful should not be done at all. Thus no case tools, no
documentation (except comments), small and capable co-located team
(open office landscape), pair programming (sit two-and-two at the
same computer discussing implementation strategies), write down
design on index cards to be thrown when implemented, release often
(once a week or so), adjust estimates continuously (per index card),
let the users assign priorities, implement the simplest design and
refactor often (avoid assumptions about future needs that lead to
unnecessary complexity), unit testing etc.

There is a good wiki at (look out for stuff by Kent Beck):

  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ExtremeProgrammingRoadmap

--
Ola  -  http://folk.uio.no/olag/