[MUD-Dev] UDP Revisited

Mats Lidstrom mats at avatargate.com
Sat Oct 13 18:36:55 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----=20
From: <Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com>

> If anyone knows the real value, I'd be grateful for their input.

I know that since UDP doesn't have the logic to put packets together
in the correct order it's recommended not to transmit larger than
about 500 bytes (or whatever the MTU is set to) or the data will get
fragmented. I think you'll find more information searching for MTU
that UDP since setting the size of MTU is a common attempt to hack
the internet speed :)

A simple logic for putting the UDP packets together in the right
order shouldn't be too difficult.

/Mats