[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Comparison (UO, EQ, AC, AO, DAoC)

John Buehler johnbue at msn.com
Sat Oct 13 01:59:39 CEST 2001

Dave Rickey writes:

> For the most part, it's been anti-climactic, we had one bad crash
> Wednesday night, and beyond that nothing much has happened.
> Everybody is still crossing their fingers for tonight, we figure
> if we make it through the weekend we're pretty much solid.

Is it permitted to ask about your development process?  As in, how
you went about construction and how you went about verification of
the system's behavior.

Was it the classic approach of taking a bunch of talented engineers
and designers and let them mix it up, make some internal demos, come
up with specs, code some, refine the specs, discard the specs, code
it up for real, and then play with it until it doesn't appear to
crash any more?

JB