[MUD-Dev] Geometric content generation

Sasha Hart Sasha.Hart at directory.reed.edu
Wed Oct 10 22:43:56 CEST 2001

[Caliban]

> This makes everything you do in your entire life patently absurd.

<snip>

> ... It's a classic example of logical fallacy.

> Why such alternatives were ignored is simply beyond me, and
> probably stems from the unwillingness of researchers to claim that
> some more illustrious personage in the field was probably wrong.

Well, to my knowledge the main research of the variety you describe
is that of Benjamin Libet. I wouldn't say that he is *particularly*
illustrious; those experiments in particular are particularly
controversial, and lots of people have many good arguments against
Libet's interpretations of his data.  Certainly many psychologists
I've met think his wide-ranging conclusions about free will etc. are
at least odd if not entirely questionable, and Daniel Dennett has
written a lot on the same topic (why Libet is wrong for one reason
or another.)

Sasha