[MUD-Dev] Geometric content generation

Sat Oct 6 23:40:32 CEST 2001

Dave Rickey wrote:
> [...]

I don't know much about graphics cards, but I assume that they could
lower the resolution or substitute the textures. I assume one could
assign priorities to unloaded textures, and also lower those
priorities if a "similar" texture is already loaded. Then give
higher priority to avatars that are close to the viewpoint. *shrug*

I also like to say that I really appreciated Daniel's account. It
was interesting to read.  These contextualized discussions of how we
perceive actual games are good, especially when the accounts are
fairly rich like this one.

(Am I spamming the list yet?)

--
Ola  -  http://folk.uio.no/olag/