[MUD-Dev] Geometric content generation

Nathan F. Yospe yospe at kanga.nu
Thu Oct 4 16:11:06 CEST 2001

Kwon Ekstrom <justice at softhome.net> said:
> From: "Robin Lee Powell" <rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org>

>> To experiment with different play styles *simultaneously*.
>> That's the point for me, anyways.  Having to have only one
>> character might tick me off.  What if I want to play a nice guy
>> and a total bastard at the same time?

> Ahh, this reminds me of what I used to do a few years back.  I'd
> login to the server twice under different personas, the first one
> being my ussual, rather popular one... and start an argument with
> myself.  It was rather amusing watching the other people
> unwittingly jump to my defense against myself... heh.

Demosthenes and Locke.  I've played around with the idea of using
script controlled, admin tweaked mobs to influence social
development while the mud culture is developing, to try to create a
social pressure model.  If enough people are muttering about certain
behaviour, and they are making the PCs all mutter too, it may have
an effect on such behaviour.  Maybe.

Now, I leave IDing the ref at the begining of the above paragraph to
the reader...

--
Nathan F. Yospe - Physicist, Artist, Programmer, Writer, JOAT with a SAK