[MUD-Dev] Re: Geometric Content Generation

Brian Hook bwh at wksoftware.com
Mon Oct 1 20:03:29 CEST 2001

At 08:49 AM 10/1/01 -0400, John Arras wrote:

>> The problem is that those expert mule traders will have to be
>> friends (due to the one ship/character per server limit), and
>> even if they weren't, trading involves traveling to places where
>> you're going to be attacked (if you want it to be profitable at
>> least).  Being defenseless is a bad idea in such cases. =3D)

> But, how far are you willing to go to enforce this?

Not very, simply because it's not worth enforcing religiously.  I
want to limit casual, trivial muling, but if someone wants to
actually make that their style of play and it doesn't hurt anyone
else, then I think it's fine.  I just don't want advancement to
become trivialized through muling and overspecialization.

For me, the integrity of the game is a delicate balance between one
player's enjoyment and the enjoyment of the community.  There's no
quick, accurate and universal answer.

Brian