[MUD-Dev] Cynical at a young age

T.A.J.BARTON tajb100 at soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 14 14:40:14 CET 2001

Quoteing Raph Koster (14/11/01):

> But I don't see "sweeping change to the world of online gaming"
> arising from them. Not from chat software, and in my cynical
> moments, not from Neverwinter Nights either (much as I look
> forward to that game, and much as I respect and like the guys
> making it).

I have to agree because I can't see what there is to be changed at
the most fundamental level. The role of a computer program is much
the same as that of a rulebook - both are tools to define the world
for the players to exist in. We can refine those tools, but what
sweeping changes are there to be made?

Or have I gone to too fundamental a level?

- Tim Barton