[MUD-Dev] JOB: How to get into Game Design / Game content

Richard Aihoshi aka Jonric jonric at vaultnetwork.com
Fri May 25 22:14:04 CEST 2001

At 06:39 PM 23/05/01 -0700, Taylor wrote:

> Any advice on how to get my foot in the door? Are there any skills
> that I should be trying to get a crash course in? Any advice for a
> wannabe game creator?

I wouldn't recommend it as a wide-open route into game development,
but off the top of my head, I can recall several instances of people
moving into the industry from webmastering and writing about games.  I
suspect there's a common thread here in that these people's activities
helped them to be noticed and known, which provides an advantage
compared to just a resume.

Richard Aihoshi - "Jonric"
RPG Vault, IGN Vault Network