[MUD-Dev] [News] NCSoft + Richard Garriott

Mon May 21 11:52:14 CEST 2001

Corey Crawford wrote:

> I'm thinking maybe we should look at total amount of dollars
> incoming per month.

>From a designoriented point of view, why would you? It would add
severe bias to the comparison unless you adjust it by the differences
in the (disposable) income levels in the potential user base. Then you
could start to factor in the user's telecom costs that are quite
different in different countries, although many are getting cable and
such now...  (i.e. in Europe some players still pay a lot more for the
telecom than for the game)

What would be interesting would be some kind qualitative analysis of
the relation between
barriers-to-entry-and-upkeep/number-of-players/marketing-effort on the
various systems.

--
Ola  -  http://www.notam.uio.no/~olagr/