[MUD-Dev] business models

Jon Morrow Jon at Morrow.net
Mon May 21 09:08:13 CEST 2001

Which game(s) does the 15% figure come from?  Or is it a commonly
accepted figure?  I only ask because I'm in the process of projecting
the number of users online at a time for my current project, and the
number needs to be as accurate as possible.  If there are any other
more accurate ways of estimating, I'd love to hear about them.

Also, to challenge 15%, doesn't GemStone III have a total player base
of about 60,000 on their regular server?  I heard that number about a
year ago, but I don't remember who it was from, so it might not be
reputable.  They generally have 800-1200 players on at a time these
days.

-Jon