[MUD-Dev] The effects of object oriented servers on the item database (Long)

Adam Martin amsm2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 9 22:38:47 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Licciardi" <kressilac at home.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 7:27 AM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] The effects of object oriented servers on the item
database (Long)

[snipped lots of good intro to relational databases]

Just wondering aloud, but what about other types, such as e.g. LDAP?
Not that I've ever used it for anything MUD-related, but experience
developing LDAP databases in commericial environments has shown it to
be particularly easy to understand what is going on in the database,
and a lot more amenable to changes than, say, relational DB's (which,
correct me if I'm wrong, are a dog to retro-fit with altered
functionality?)

Adam M