[MUD-Dev] Logical MUD Areas

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Wed May 9 12:17:39 CEST 2001

Kevin Littlejohn wrote:

> Me, I'm looking for a world that encourages choice, and responds to
> my actions - and if I had kids, I'd strongly encourage them to play
> such a game.  Hell, my SO is the one who pointed out to her niece
> that the poor daemons in Doom were happily minding their own
> business until she came along and started bothering them - a much
> healthier attitude to take than "they're just bad, kill them",
> IMNSHO.  Even better (in a mud setup) would be if you had a choice
> on whether to kill them or not, or could pick to be their friends
> instead - a choice you take away by simply labelling them "evil".

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I seriously almost fell off my
chair laughing about the Doom demons.

Sure, they were minding their own business, right after they killed
everybody in your space station, leaving bloody corpses all over, and
then again after they wiped out most of the population on earth.  But
yeah, after they did those things, they were minding their own
business.

:)