[MUD-Dev] Locations vs Social Spaces (was: I Want to Forge Sw ords)

Hulbert Hulbert
Wed May 9 10:28:14 CEST 2001

I agree with this, as well.  However, much of the problems that this
causes from a market/trading perspective can be eliminated.  Socially,
all these cities can be one place, but by placing strict restrictions
on how much can be carried through a teleporter, real trade can still
be required to use overland routes.  Also, putting various resources
far away from stationary teleport locations will allow explorers a
place to go that offers a valuable return.  If The Realm's Home spell
made me drop everything I carried except whatever I was actually
wearing, it would still facilitate social contracts, without ruining
the idea of trade caravans, etc.