[MUD-Dev] Where are we now?

Greg Munt greg.munt at btinternet.com
Sun May 6 02:50:33 CEST 2001

From: Bruce <bruce at puremagic.com>

> In some ways, I'm beginning to think that we could be on the verge
> of some significantly more interesting things happening with muds
> given the advancement of the technology and the ease with which
> hobbyists can use some of that technology to produce a good-enough
> product without having to be technical wizards.

Perhaps we could have a few "Top Ten" lists:

  - Muds that define the field/industry/genre

  - Innovative muds that might define the future of the
  field/industry/genre

  - Features of a mud most desired/demanded by users

  - Features of a mud that are anticipated to be expected by future
  mud users

Also, how important are the following to muds of the future and/or
their administrators/maintainers:

  - Marketing skills

  - Documentation/Literary skills

  - Graphical arts skills

  - Hard-core coder skills

  - Social skills

And, how likely are free muds to have these skills? (The assumption
being that commercial muds will have these skills available.)