[MUD-Dev] Where are we now?

Elia Morling elia at familjen.se
Wed May 2 17:52:17 CEST 2001

On Tuesday, May 01, 2001 Ronan Farrell wrote

> So don't get me wrong, I see lots of benefits to a graphical mud but
> I do believe that it would take an exceptional design team to
> produce even the simplest of complete systems and that any such team
> with the time and effort to do that has probably got the makings of
> a commercial mud.

We are a group of developers working on the graphical mud
Tildruin. It's been in the works for a year and a half. We plan to
release before the end of 2001. Tildruin will be free to play and is
targeting serious hardcore roleplayers. We are splitting the game view
area between graphics and text. Players can choose between (or use
both) point-and-click or mud-text parser interface.

I generally don't like to discuss projects that aren't complete, but I
felt compelled to share this tidbit on the topic regarding the
probability we'll encounter non-commercial graphical muds in the near
future.

Elia Morling
http://www.tildruin.com