[MUD-Dev] MUSH God to Game Designer. Any good books?

Capel Capel
Thu Mar 22 10:10:13 CET 2001

Hey all,

I've been developing MUSHes for over nine years now. They've typically
been games with a science fiction theme, be it original material
developed by myself or borrowing from existing materials. I've had a
lot of success with Star Wars, Babylon 5 and Wing Commander themes,
and I've also seen a lot of good come from my own universes, Horizon
and Fallen Stars.

My question is whether or not anyone can recommend any texts for
someone of my background to get a good start in the direction of the
gaming industry.  I've been a Software Engineer for as long as I've
been developing MUSHes, and have decided that now is the time for me
to start realizing my childhood dreams of developing games. Also, if
anyone has any advice on the best route to take to employment with a
game development company, that would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks in advance all.

C. Corey Capel