[MUD-Dev] A Brief History of Commercial MUDs

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Mon Mar 19 21:17:05 CET 2001

In <URL:/archives/meow?group+local.muddev> on Sat 17 Mar, Koster, Raph wrote:

[snipped question about time line of muds]

> I don't think this is all in the FAQ, but it should be.

I deliberately left this out of the FAQ because there was a lot of
uncertainty in it, and a lot of resources to point to to piece all of
the story together (in as far as it is still known).  I also, possibly
incorrectly, failed to see the relevance to the mud-dev list.

Still, if the common consensus says there should be a pointer or two
to timeline pages I will include them. I am however not going to
include the actual timeline itself in the FAQ.  I have neither the
knowledge nor the time to maintain that.

I am overdue a couple of days with sending the FAQ to the list but I
will delay it a bit longer to see if any conclusion on this sub- ject
can be reached.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,