Adverts in games (was RE: [MUD-Dev] Habbo Hotel...)

Elia Morling elia at familjen.se
Mon Mar 19 10:18:37 CET 2001

There are a lot of better ways to commercialize on a game than add
annoying banners within and around game.  Give players the possibility
to:

  - Buy equipment
  - Buy fancy titles
  - Buy housing
  - Monthly subscriptions to expansions

Of course be able to easily configure credit card settings within the
game. Games like Diablo would have be great potential with models like
this. Trust me I know a lot of Diablo addicts that would gladly pay
for extra cool stuff.

Just to end this rant and clarify my personal status.  I personally
would never add anything like this to any of my own games.

Elia Morling
http://www.tildruin.com