[MUD-Dev] Code base for graphical MUD?

Mud Monster monster_mud at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:22:45 CET 2001

Hello all,

I'm planning to start a small MUD with a graphical
client, much like Ultima Online or Furcadia. I've got the
client side covered, but I'd like to base the server on
an existing code base, and I don't know which one to
choose.

So, what would be a good code base for a server for a
graphical mud?

For extra points, I hope to make this my day-job one day,
so a license that doesn't exclude commercial use would be
cool.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Mud Monster (I'd rather not let my employer know my plans just yet).